59 Ideas for Improving Writing Skills and Promoting Books
These 59 ideas for promoting books and improving our writing skills are culled from around the net. They vary in knowledge required and value returned. Most skew towards self published books. Take them with a grain of salt, but I think you’ll find some useful information.
- Self-published author Natalie Wickham shares ten humorous reasons to self publish.
- Anna Goldsmith, writing for Copyblogger, shows five easy steps for self-editing.
- Hypnotist and speaker Joshua Seth gives seven outlining steps for non-fiction works.
- The Bauu Institute offers six quick tips for creating book club or reading discussion questions.
- John Roach illustrates five common grammar errors (with zombies).
- Gary Smailes of Bubble Cow lists sixteen free online writing courses to improve our skills.
- Paul Sloane suggests ten promotional ideas to apply to a book.